Huang is an Assistant Professor in the Computer
Science and Engineering department at the University
of Texas at Arlington. He received the B.E. degree from Huazhong
University of Science and Technology, Wuhan, China, the M.S. degree
from the Institute of Automation, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, China,
and the Ph.D. degree in Computer
Science at Rutgers, The State
University of New Jersey. His major research interests include machine
learning, computer vision and imaging informatics. He was selected as
one of the 10 emerging leaders in multimedia and signal processing by
the IBM T.J. Watson Research Center in 2010. His work won the MICCAI
Young Scientist Award 2010, the FIMH Best Paper Award 2011, the MICCAI
Young Scientist Award Finalist 2011, the STMI Best Paper Award 2012,
the NIPS Best Reviewer Award 2013, the MICCAI Best Student Paper Award
Finalist 2014 and the MICCAI Best Student Paper Award 2015. He enjoys
to develop efficient algorithms with nice theoretical guarantees to
solve practical problems involved large scale data.
- 10/2015: One paper accepted
by Journal of Magnetic Resonance Imaging.
- 10/2015: Our paper won Best
Student Paper Award in MICCAI 2015! Big congrats
- 09/2015: Big congrats to Yeqing for having successfully
defended his Ph.D thesis! Well done!!
- 08/2015: Four papers on pathological image analytics
accepted by MICCAI workshops.
- 06/2015: Four papers accepted by MICCAI 2015 and
one paper accepted by TIP.
- 05/2015: One paper accepted by IJCAI 2015 and one
paper accepted by CMIG.
- 03/2015: One paper accepted by CVPR 2015 and one
paper accepted by CVIU.
- 02/2015: Invited to serve as the program committee
for MICCAI 2015!
- 01/2015: One paper accepted by FG 2015 and three
papers accepted by ISBI 2015.
- 11/2014: One paper accepted by AAAI 2015.
- 11/2014: Received a Nokia grant $136K
to study big spatial data analytics as PI!
- 10/2014: One paper on expression recognition accepted
by Transactions on Cybernetics.
- 10/2014: Invited to serve as the program committee
for ICML 2015!
- 09/2014: Big congrats to Yeqing for winning the Best
Student Paper Award Runners Up
in MICCAI 2014!
- 09/2014: Received a gift grant $50K
from Nokia to support my research!
- 08/2014: Two papers accepted by Journal of Magnetic
- 08/2014: Received a NSF CNS grant $100K
to study Annotated Human Activity as Co-PI!
- 07/2014: Received a NSF IIS grant $250K
to study Computational Materials Genome as PI!
- 07/2014: Received a NSF CMMI grant $375K
to study Adaptive Pain Management as Co-PI!
- More Archived ...
- Yeqing Li (Starting
in Fall 2012, Graduated; Next Stop: Google)
- Zhongxing Peng (Starting in Fall 2013)
- Jiawen Yao (Starting in Fall 2014)
- Ruoyu Li (Starting in Fall 2014)
- Zheng Xu (Starting in Fall 2014)
- Rasool Fakoor (Starting in Fall 2014, Co-Supervised)
- Longwen Gao (Starting in Fall 2014, Visiting Student)
- Sheng Wang (Starting in Fall 2015)
- Xinliang Zhu (Starting in Fall 2015)
- Li Yin (Starting in Fall 2015)
Supervised Master Students:
- Chen Chen
(Jan. 2012 - Jan. 2015, Graduated; Next Stop: UIUC)
- Dheeraj Ganti (Sept. 2014 - present)
- Varun Varshney (Jan. 2015 - present)
- Viswanathan Rajalingam (May 2015- present)
- Vivek Balaji (May 2015 - present)
- Shirong Xue (September 2015 - present)
for Future Students:
I am looking for Postdoc, Ph.D. students,
motivated for doing research in the areas of machine learning, data
mining and imaging informatics. If you are interested, please contact
me. If you are UTA master students and are looking for master thesis
topics, or UTA undergraduates and are looking for internships, please
feel free to contact me.
UT Arlington has top research
ranking based on the past five-year publications at:
Learning & Pattern Recognition (ranks 22th in 2014 in all North
Mining (ranks 20th in 2014 in all North America