Introductory/Promotional Videos, Demos and Source Codes
- By Associated Press, The Washington Post, The Guardian, The Dallas Morning News, KERA, NBC DFW, Austin American-Statesman, Poynter, Wired, and many more
- CrewScout: Expert Team Finding by Skyline Groups
- CrowdConsensus: Crowdsourcing and Human Computation
- Crowdsourcing Pareto-Optimal Object Finding by Pairwise Comparisons
- EntityEngine: Entity-Centric Querying and Exploration of Web Data
- RankSQL: Enabling Data Retrieval by Ranking (Top-k) Queries and Beyond
In my PhD work I built a "Google" for databases. The system, RankSQL, is built inside the kernel of a full-fledged DBMS, PostgreSQL.
It enables intuitive, efficient, and robust data retrieval by ranking and mechanisms beyond ranking. It helps users to efficiently retrieve
data by non-traditional fuzzy queries with soft criteria, and to explore what choices are available in databases and how they match the query
criteria. This line of work has broad applications in many domains including E-commerce, Web search, multimedia retrieval, health data
management, and bioinformatics.
- MetaQuerier: Dynamic Ad-hoc Information Integration across the Internet
- ROLEX: Relational On-Line Exchange with XML (internship at Bell Labs)
Last Modified: 2017-05-25 Created: 2001-09-18 00:16:21