Huang is an Associate Professor in the Computer
Science and Engineering department at the University
of Texas at Arlington. He received the B.E. degree from Huazhong
University of Science and Technology, Wuhan, China, the M.S. degree
from the Institute of Automation, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, China,
and the Ph.D. degree in Computer
Science at Rutgers, The State
University of New Jersey. His major research interests include machine
learning, computer vision and imaging informatics. He was selected as
one of the 10 emerging leaders in multimedia and signal processing by
the IBM T.J. Watson Research Center in 2010. His work won the MICCAI
Young Scientist Award 2010, the FIMH Best Paper Award 2011, the MICCAI
Young Scientist Award Finalist 2011, the STMI Best Paper Award 2012,
the NIPS Best Reviewer Award 2013, the MICCAI Best Student Paper Award
Finalist 2014 and the MICCAI Best Student Paper Award 2015. He received
the NSF CAREER Award in 2016. He enjoys to develop efficient algorithms
with nice theoretical guarantees to solve practical problems involved
large scale data.
- 11/2016: Viswa and Vivek Successfully passed the
thesis defense! Congrats to Viswa and Vivek!
- 11/2016: One paper accepted by Journal of Thoracic Oncology!
- 11/2016: Two papers accepted by AAAI'17. Congrats
- 10/2016: Two papers accepted by BIBM'16. Congrats
to Xinliang and Jiawen!
- 10/2016: Won the 1st place of the Tool Presence Detection
Challenge at M2CAI 2016!
Congrats to Ashwin and Sheng!
- 08/2016: Received the NSF CAREER Award. More details
about this award can be found here.
- 06/2016: Invited talk about "Multi-modal Biomarker
Discovery from Imaging Genomic Data" at UMD.
- 06/2016: Invited talk about "Biomarker Discovery
from Histopathology Images" at NIH.
- 05/2016: Three papers accepted by MICCAI'16. Congrats
to Jiawen, Zheng and Sheng!
- 05/2016: Invited to serve as the program committee
for NIPS 2016!
- 01/2016: Invited talk about "Integration of
Pathological Images and Cell Profiling Data" at NIH.
- 12/2015: One paper accepted by TPAMI and one
paper accepted by Journal of Magnetic Resonance Imaging.
- 11/2015: Invited talk about
"Big Image-Omics Data Analytics for Clinical Outcome Prediction"
- 11/2015: One paper accepted by AAAI 2016.
- 10/2015: Our paper won Best
Student Paper Award in MICCAI 2015! Big congrats
- 09/2015: Big congrats to Yeqing for having successfully
defended his Ph.D thesis and will move to Google!
- More Archived ...
- Yeqing Li (Starting
in Fall 2012, Graduated; Next Stop: Google)
- Zheng Xu (Starting in Fall 2014)
- Jiawen Yao
(Starting in Fall 2014)
- Ruoyu Li (Starting in Fall 2014)
- Rasool Fakoor (Starting in Fall 2014, Co-Supervised)
- Sheng Wang (Starting in
- Xinliang Zhu
(Starting in Fall 2015)
- Zhifei Deng (Starting in Fall 2016)
- Mohammad Minhazul Haq (Starting in Fall 2016)
Supervised Master Students:
- Chen Chen
(01/2012 - 01/2015, Graduated; Next Stop: UIUC)
- Dheeraj Ganti (09/2014 - 01/2016, Graduated; Next Stop: Oracle)
- Viswanathan Rajalingam (01/2015- present)
- Vivek Balaji (01/2015 - present)
- Shirong Xue (09/2015 - present)
- Ashwin Raju (01/2016 - present)
- Kumar Jayaram Gayatri (06/2016 - present)
- Arjun Punabhai Vekariya (06/2016 - present)
for Future Students:
I am looking for Postdoc, Ph.D. students,
motivated for doing research in the areas of machine learning, data
mining and imaging informatics. If you are interested, please contact
me. If you are UTA master students and are looking for master thesis
topics, or UTA undergraduates and are looking for internships, please
feel free to contact me.
UT Arlington has top research
ranking based on the past five-year publications at:
Learning & Pattern Recognition (ranks 45th in 2016 in all North
Mining (ranks 17th in 2016 in all North America