- CSE 3302: Programming Languages, Fall 2010
- CSE 1310: Introduction to Computers and Programming, Fall 2009
I am leaving UTA at the end of the year. I am not funding new research students at UTA.
- Firepile, GPU programming in Scala
- Funicular, a shared-memory concurrency library for Scala
- Thorn, an extensible, distributed scripting language
- X10, a concurrent object-oriented programming language
- Polyglot, an extensible Java compiler framework
- Jx/J&, languages for extensible, composable software frameworks
- Constrained Kinds, Nathaniel Nystrom, Olivier Tardieu, Igor Peshansky, and Vijay Saraswat, Submitted, July 2009.
- Thorn — Robust, Concurrent, Extensible Scripting on the JVM, Tobias Wrigstad, Johan Östlund, Gregor Richards, Jan Vitek, Bard Bloom, John Field, Nathaniel Nystrom, and Rok Strniša, In OOPSLA 2009 (Orlando, FL, October 2009).
- Software Hardening — A Research Agenda, Tobias Wrigstad, Patrick Eugster, John Field, Nathaniel Nystrom, and Jan Vitek, In First International Workshop on Script to Program Evolution (STOP) (Genova, Italy, July 2009).
- Constrained Types for Object-Oriented Languages, Nathaniel Nystrom, Vijay Saraswat, Jens Palsberg, Christian Grothoff, In OOPSLA 2008 (Nashville, TN, October 2008).
- Matchete: Paths through the Pattern Matching Jungle, Martin Hirzel, Nathaniel Nystrom, Bard Bloom, and Jan Vitek. In Practical Aspects of Declarative Languages (PADL), LNCS 4902, pp. 150-166, January 2008.