I am an associate professor at the Department of Computer Science and Engineering, UT-Arlington. I obtained my B.S. and M.S. degree from Tsinghua University in 1998 and 1999 respectively, and the Ph.D. degree from Rice University in 2004. My advisor was Professor Edward W. Knightly. Before joining CSE@UTA in January 2004, I worked at the DSPS R&D Center of Texas Instruments for about two and half years.
My research focuses on wireless networking, systems, and applicaitons, including wireless LANs, cellular networks, wireless sensor networks, and their system prototyping.
- Outstanding Young Faculty Award, College of Engineering
- Research Excellence Award, College of Engineering
- Jing Wang (Ph.D.)
- Yanliang Liu (Ph.D.)
- Shanshan Lu (Ph.D.)
- Sankalp Shere (MS)
- Program Committee: Infocom 2005, 2007-2009, IEEE WoWMoM 2006-2008, IEEE MASS 2008, IEEE SECON 2008, and various others.
- Financial and Registration: IEEE WoWMoM 2005-2008.
- Paper Review: various transactions and journals.
- Proposal Review: NSF, Army Research Office.
To Prospective Students
We have limited positions for Ph.D./Master students. The students are expected to be highly self-motivated, and have
- outstanding software programming skill (experience with mobile platform is a plus)
- sound mathematic (probability and statistics, signal processing, optimization, or control theory) background