I am an Assistant Professor in the Department of Computer Science and Engineering at the University of Texas at Arlington. I'm also the founder and director of the Robotic Vision Laboratory. My research focuses on robotics, computer vision, and cyber-physical systems. In particular, I am interested in developing algorithms that enable machines to learn from their interactions with the physical world and autonomously acquire skills necessary to execute complex tasks.
Email: william.beksi at uta.edu
Office: Engineering Research Building 523, 500 UTA Blvd, Arlington, TX 76019
- I will be a Faculty Chair for the IROS 2020 tutorial Space Robotics for In-Situ Resource Utilization: Needs, Challenges, and Approaches.
- I have been awarded an NSF REU Supplement.
- Dr. Animesh Chakravarthy and I have received a UTA Research Enhancement Program grant to explore vision-based collision avoidance for UAVs.
- I have received an NSF CRII Award to investigate topological methods for robotic perception.
- I've accepted an invitation to be an Associate Editor for Ubiquitous Robots 2020.
Z. Lyu, N. Gutierrez, A. Rajguru and W.J. Beksi
Beyond mAP: Reassessing the Evaluation of Object Detectors
European Conference on Computer Vision (ECCV) Workshop 2020
R.E. Rivadeneira, A.D. Sappa, B.X. Vintimilla, L. Guo, J. Hou, A. Merhi, P. Behjati, A.H. Patel, V. Chudasama, K. Prajapati, K.P. Upla, R. Ramachandra, K. Raja, C. Busch, F. Almasri, O. Debeir, S. Nathan, P. Kansal, N. Gutierrez, B. Mojra and W.J. Beksi
16th IEEE Workshop on Perception Beyond the Visible Spectrum (PBVS)
IEEE/CVF Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition (CVPR) 2020
PDF • BibTeX • URL
- Artificial Intelligence I (CSE 4308/5360), Fall 2020
- Computer Vision (CSE 6367), Spring 2020
- Artificial Intelligence I (CSE 4308/5360), Fall 2019
- Computer Vision (CSE 6367), Spring 2019
- Artificial Intelligence I (CSE 4308/5360), Fall 2018