Junzhou Huang, FAIMBE
Junzhou Huang is the Jenkins Garrett Professor in the Computer
Science and Engineering department at the University
of Texas at Arlington. He has been the director of the machine learning
center at Tencent AI Lab. He received the B.E. degree from Huazhong
University of Science and Technology, Wuhan, China, the M.S. degree
from the Institute of Automation, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, China,
and the Ph.D. degree in Computer
Science at Rutgers, The State
University of New Jersey. His major research interests include
machine learning, computer vision, medical image analysis and bioinformatics.
His research has been recognized by several awards including the NSF
CAREER Award from the National Science Foundation, TensorFlow Model
Garden Award from Google, Emerging Leaders from IBM Watson, four Best
Paper Awards (MICCAI'10, FIMH'11, STMI'12 and MICCAI'15) as well as
two Best Paper Nominations (MICCAI'11 and MICCAI'14). His research projects
are supported by both federal/state agencies (NSF, NIH, CPRIT) and industry
(Google, Amazon, IBM, Samsung, XtaiPi and Nokia).
His recent work on protein folding won the 6th place in the 3D Structure
Prediction Challenge and the 1st place in the Contact and Distance Prediction
Challenge at CASP14, December 2020. He enjoys to develop efficient algorithms
with nice theoretical guarantees to solve practical problems involved
large scale data.
- 09/2023: One paper accepted by NeurIPS 2023!
- 08/2023: Invited to serve as an area chair for WACV 2024!
- 07/2023: Three papers accepted by MICCAI 2023!
- 05/2023: Invited to serve as an area chair for AAAI 2024!
- 03/2023: Invited to serve as an area chair for NeurIPS 2023!
- 02/2023: Received a CPRIT grant $432K to study
the binding between T Cell Receptors and Neoantigens!
- 02/2023: One paper accepted by WWW 2023!
- 12/2022: Invited to serve as an area chair for ICML 2023!
- 11/2022: One paper accepted by AAAI 2023!
- 11/2022: Elected as a Fellow of AIMBE!
- 10/2022: One paper published in Nature Machine Intelligence!
- More Archived ...
- Yeqing Li (2012-2016,
Next Stop: Google)
- Zheng Xu (2014-2018, Next Stop:
- Jiawen Yao (2014-2019, Next
- Ruoyu Li (2014-2020,
Next Stop: Facebook)
- Sheng Wang (2015-2020,
Next Stop: Google)
- Xinliang Zhu (2015-2020,
Next Stop: Amazon)
- Mohammad Minhazul Haq
(2016-2023, Next Stop: PostDoc)
- Chaochao Yan (2017-2022,
Next Stop: Google)
- Ashwin Raju (2017-2022,
Next Stop: Covera Health)
- Jinyu Yang (2018-2022, Next
- Yuzhi Guo (2018-2022,
Next Stop: PostDoc)
- Hehuan Ma (2018-2023, Next
- Chunyuan Li (Starting
in Fall 2019)
- Weizhi An (Starting in
- Saiyang Na (Starting in Fall 2021)
- Wenliang Zhong (Starting in Fall 2021)
- Feng Jiang (Starting in Fall 2022)
- Yuwei Miao (Starting in Fall 2022)
- Qifeng Zhou (Starting in Fall 2022)
Supervised Master Students:
- Chen Chen (2012-2015, Next Stop: UIUC PhD)
- Dheeraj Ganti (2014-2016, Next Stop: Oracle)
- Viswanathan Rajalingam (2015-2017, Next Stop: Samsung Lab)
- Vivek Balaji (2015-2017, Next Stop: BMW)
- Shirong Xue (2015-2017, Next Stop: Walmart Lab)
- Ashwin Raju (2015-2017, Next Stop: UTA PhD)
- Arjun Punabhai Vekariya (2015-2017, Next Stop: Raizlabs)
- Xiaoyu Zhang (2016-2018, Next Stop: UTA PhD)
- Zhifei Deng (2016-2019, Next Stop: Facebook)
- Siyu Xiu (2018-2020, Next Stop: FutureDial)
- Zeheng Li (2018-2021, Next Stop: CoCoPIE)
for Future Students:
I am looking for Postdoc, Ph.D. students,
motivated for doing research in the areas of machine learning, data
mining and imaging informatics. If you are interested, please contact
me. If you are UTA master students and are looking for master thesis
topics, or UTA undergraduates and are looking for internships, please
feel free to contact me.
UT Arlington has top research
ranking based on the past ten-year publications at: